Monday, July 18, 2005

The One Called Elena Has Talented Friends, Part Deux et Trois

Who knew? After 8 months with you-know-who, all I thought humans were good for was yelling, talking about Harry Potter and eating popsicles. Turns out, humans--humans in cahoots with T.O.C.E., even-- are making cool ass sounds that please my discerning kitty ears. I put these songs on the computer and then do my own patented, three-legged dance, called "The Jiggy Pole-Cat." But only when nobody's looking. Look into these two:

D WILS once lived in a house with T.O.C.E. and even lived to tell the tale. Once he did a backflip off a mantle during the guitar solo to Van Halen's "Jump." Six years later, he has learned how to make these urban, lush, rock soundscapes. He sings great, too. If I could drive, I'd take this on long trips. I especially like the first track. So, don't be a sucka; ceaslessly click on www.dwils.com

AMERICAN LITERATURE once ignored all of T.O.C.E.'s puppylove advances in a suburban basement, like, 14 years ago. He also once owned an Ugly Kid Joe album. Now he plays a million instruments, listens to cool bands like Devotchka and writes funky, folky, wise things. Sorta Flannery O'Connor and red clay and John Fahey in the woodwork of more modern sounds and layered vocal tracks. Go here or die: www.amerlit.com

As for T.O.C.E.'s songwriting skilz, here are the lyrics to a song she wrote with her kindygartners last week--

American Dragon likes video games
I love video games
They make me love you
They make me CRAAAAAZYYYYYY
I play them ev- ry- sin- gle daaaaaaaaaaay!


Yeah. So, I guess we don't all have "the gift."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home