Saturday, May 14, 2005

Way to go, Bird.


Behold, in the upper right hand corner of the picture, a very endangered peregrine falcon who has decided to nest atop the big building where The One Called Elena used to go to college. I think the building is called the Cathedral of Burning, which sounds like a horrible place to go to school, if you ask me. Somewhere in this nest are a few coveted peregrine falcon babies, born last week, just in time for Mother's Day. According to The One Called Lissa, a longtime fan of the Three Legged Blog (okay, she visited the site once), there is a live camera feed that refreshes every thirty seconds, just click on http://www.paconserve.org/pittfalcons/index.html.

You can tell from those wet, wet rocks that it has been raining very hard here. I have issues with the rain, especially when accompanied by thunder. Whenever a boom of thunder sounds, I like to widen my eyes real big and stare at The One Called Elena like, holy shit. It is nice to be warm and dry in this big apartment. Haha, falcon heads, are you jealous, in your sad little falcon hutch? Its also nice to have one more leg than they do, but who's counting, really?

The One Called Elena is very busy getting ready for her play, trying to be funny. She needs to take a few comedy classes from that Richard Pryor. What a hoot! I watch him on On Demand whenever I have the house to myself. Too bad he doesn't have any cat jokes that I could send back to the mother ship and pretend that they're mine.

Speaking of mothers, The One Called Elena's mother and father will be in town soon, or so I've heard. The last time she came here, she said I looked like a junkyard cat. Grrrr. I will try the thunder stare on her this time and see how she likes that. Ain't nobody stares like that in no junkyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home