Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Aww, Hell to the No!

And to think, T.O.C.E. could've moved us all to The City Called Tucson, where Santa Claus comes in shorts and sunblock:

WEATHER.COM 24-HOUR FORECAST: Windy. Snow this evening will give way to snow showers late. Low 27F. Winds WNW at 25 to 40 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.

50MPH?? That's NEAR BLIZZARD-LIKE WINDS, people. And to top it off, The One Called Harris is sending snarky emails doubting my Charleniness' rates of publication. Off my back, blonde human. Let us not forget the one small writing prompt you and T.O.C.E. assigned eachother and NEVER TURNED IN. Slackasses.

To brighten the mood a bit, here's a little love poem I wrote to the best thing in my life at press time-- T.O.C.E.'s electric blanket....

Coiled inside like a warm, smiling beast...
Low. Medium. Hot...
You ignite, you brighten, you glow...
You toast my cat tush.
I squint my eyes.
(which is the closest I ever come to smiling).

The genius will now go hide in the closet.