Thursday, November 03, 2005

I Read Books By Sitting On Them.

Looky down there. What whiskers! And the alurophilic prenom of "Leo." Plus, you gotta love any writer who starts his book with "VENGEANCE IS MINE; I SHALL REPAY." All of you out there in CharleneLand know how I feel about vengeance. Actually, I'm very glad T.O.C.E. is reading the Russians in my presence. I have, as you CharleneLanders might have guessed, a Russian soul. Hence my opera singing and tendency to brood.


Speaking of my singing, The Human Called (I think) Opera, who has an afternoon TV programme and a mass army of middle-aged housewives desperate to do her bidding, tried to get them all to read Anna Karenina last summer. She did an episode on her TV show about it, but didn't even give the book a full hour of air-time. The One Called Leo Tolstoy had to split the bill with The One called Barry Manilow. They transitioned between the two by having T.O.C.B.M. sing "Copa Cabana" with the following re-vamped lyrics: "She's Anna. Anna Karenina. The hottest broad north of the Kremlin!" Ugh. NOT a Russian soul.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, yeah. Here's the most important part of the message.
The One Called Elena Needs Your Help. She's working on another ridiculous writing project and wants as many peeps as possible to translate a sentence from AK into their own words. It should only take a short amount of the useless construct you stupid humans call "time." So either email her or post a comment that you are, indeed, game. Git crackin'! I'm going to go sit on War and Peace now.